Thursday, December 3, 2009

Verona, Italy

Romeo, Romeo, where art my Romeo? Definitely didn't find a Romeo in Verona only a crazy dude (the first one on my trip) that was in my face for awhile even as I ignored him and walked away and only finally backed off when my mum yelled basta! (Which I now know means enough, scram) Hopefully I won't have to use this much in Italy.

Despite this run-in Verona is a beautiful picturesque town that is outfitted to please the tourists with quaint alleys filled with designer shops. As the holidays are upon us the old town is nicely decorated with beautiful Christmas trees and lights and I was happy to find another Christmas market but wasn't up for trying the punch after the one in Vienna but I did enjoy some tasty food.

Sadly, the gelato tradition ended today but I'll be sure to make up for it tomorrow when I head to Lake Garda.

No comments:

Post a Comment