As I try to write this blog I have to admit my mind isn't completely with it. I am in the middle of packing and in a bit over 24 hours my feet will be on the ground in San Francisco. It is bittersweet leaving Rome and Europe. I have had a wonderful time these past 10 weeks.
I am really looking forward to returning home and being with family and friends especially for the holidays. It has been nice living a simple life the past 10 weeks with just a few clothes and everything in a backpack. At the same time I have to admit I am looking forward to not wearing my daily uniform of boots, jeans, pink or black scarf, and puffy coat. It will also be nice to walk down the street and not hold my purse for my dear life. I have been anticipating going home for a few weeks now and am excited to be in a public space and understand what people are saying and also to now take the opportunity to better explore the wonderful city and surrounding area that I live in. I now have a greater appreciation for San Francisco.
Art the same time I am scared to get home with all of the unknowns and getting back into everyday life. It also means that this wonderful independent experience that I have had has come to a close which is tough. This adventure has surpassed my wildest dreams and I am so thankful for all of the amazing people I have met along the way. I am a stronger person because of these interactions.
This isn't the end to my blogging days. When I get home and have had some time to get organized Ill put up some pictures and lists of favorites maybe along with some recommendations.
What is exciting is that my travels aren't over and I have three weeks to refresh myself before I head to the Middle East. I am certain that this trip will be another wonderful life changing experience and I look forward to sharing it with everyone.
Ciao from Europe and see you in San Francisco!
Welcome back to San Fran Laura, it was so fun to follow you around the world!
ReplyDelete