Thursday, March 25, 2010

Reflections from my journal

For the first time since I wrote my entries I took the time today to read over my journal from my travels alone in Europe. I was surprised and proud of myself with how much I have learned and grown from this experience. I thought I would share some of my entries with the rest of you, and hopefully this will inspire everyone...


I wrote the following in Paris at Rodin's Garden while looking at The Thinker...
While looking at The Thinker I couldn't help but ask myself am I the thinker? Wasn't that one of the points on this trip for me? I was to think about what I want out of my life. An important lesson to learn from the thinker is that you need to be sitting in order to think. You can't contemplate and dig deep into yourself for ideas when you are too busy rushing. To think/contemplate/reflect it is essential to sit in peace.


Reflections while in Prague...
Conversations with other travelers has helped me reflect but also challenged and educated me. I think back to my time in Lisbon and the wonderful stay I had there. When I started this trip I was a little naive person not knowing anything and in some ways naive about the world. I had so many questions about the world and myself and was searching for answers. I think it would be wonderful to return to Lisbon and show people just how much I have grown as an individual and world citizen. I don't have all of the answers but I have learned and grown a lot. My eyes have been opened to other lifestyles and I have also learned a lot more about the history of different areas.

These are just a few excerpts from my journal and I'll post a few more in the days ahead. What an amazing six months this has been. I am so thankful for the opportunities I have had.

No comments:

Post a Comment