Monday, March 15, 2010

A new adventure...

I wish that this new adventure was on an airplane somewhere exotic but instead my latest adventures have been in the kitchen (yes, I know very scary)...

For those who know me I have been collecting recipes since college and have an enormous binder of recipes to try but never have had the time to try them or anyone to feed. Thankfully, I have a bit of time, a car to go grocery shopping, a nice kitchen to cook in, and a great family (and sometimes friends) who are willing to eat my experiments. This isn't going to become a Julie & Julia experiment/adventure because I am not going to be spending the next year trying a new recipe each day nor am I making anything that complicated. But I have tried some recipes that are easy and taste great and want to share my adventures in the kitchen and yummy recipes that others can make too... even on a work/school night. One of my favorites I have made over the past few weeks (easy but not quick) is salmon with a meyer lemon relish adapted from the Chez Panisse cookbook. The salmon is cooked at a low low temperature so it slowly cooks and my dad said it tasted like sushi because it was so moist.

Tonight I thought I would try cooking gnocchi since this isn't something I have cooked before nor do I eat it much. I made the gnocchi with asparagus and pancetta from cookinglight and surprisingly it was healthy and took less than 30 minutes and was tasty. So far I haven't had any fires in the kitchen but will keep you all posted on this new adventure in the kitchen...


No comments:

Post a Comment