Sunday, December 2, 2012

So much to be thankful for...

The line you always hear on Thanksgiving is what are you thankful for? What a loaded question. Sure it's a good question but why is it that so many of us only think about what it is one time of year? Shouldn't we be thankful every day that compared to others we have so many opportunities, running water, electricity, etc. Yes, those basic items that we take for granted we all are thankful for. With that said I have way too many things to be thankful for particularly this year. Of course I'm thankful for my family and the close relationship I have with them and the many opportunities and support they've given me. This year I'm thankful for the sense of independence and adventure and the opportunity to travel to learn more about those around me. It is during these trips both out of the country and throughout the United States that truly make me thankful for all that I have and my hard work to have this luxury. Travel and adventure not only opens my eyes and educates me on communities, history, and other cultures but about myself. When I step outside of my routine and comfort zone I learn about my insecurities and through this I become a stronger more confident individual.

A Thanksgiving blog wouldn't be complete if I didn't mention my thanks for an amazing set of guys. These talented men are full of heart, perseverance, and commodore and with all of them coming together as one, I can once again say I'm proud to be a fan of the World Series champions.

No comments:

Post a Comment