As many of you know I'm a big fan of the Kimpton Hotels, thanks to my constant business travel. I've always been impressed by the service and care that they give to all customers but especially the "Inner Circle" their elite loyalty level. Today they took their thoughtfulness and personal touch to a new level. After an upgrade to an enormous suite I receive my special welcome gift which is normally some fruit and water, which is my request in lieu of wine and chocolate. Today I received my normal snack requests but in addition Dora the Explorer snacks which they covered the Dora and wrote Laura and also a book, "Where Will You Be Five Years From Today?

Inside the cover they said that they really enjoyed reading my blog and could tell I liked to set goals so they hoped that this would help me to enjoy life. I've been going through some challenging times recently and trying to make some decisions so this book and the gesture meant the world to me. It choked me up and made me recognize just how important customer service is in everything we do. That extra touch made such a difference as they did their homework to learn about their client.
I don't have my next 5 years figured out but I've been working on it and know that this will help me get there. Thank you to the Kimpton Family and especially the Hotel Monaco in Salt Lake City. You'll never know just how much your gesture meant and I'm forever grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment