Monday, February 11, 2013

Ansel Adams?

I'm far from it- but after getting a DSLR camera for Christmas a few years ago and an expired Groupon for a photography class I decided it was time to learn. I finally cashed in on my expired deal and took a morning class to learn the basics. The best thing that came out of that class wasn't the skills I learned, but meeting wonderful Bobbi another participant who has a lot more experience. Since that one class Bobbi and I have spent the weekends shooting at the farmer's market at the ferry building and most recently at the San Francisco Zoo. I'm so thankful for her knowledge and tips as I begin to learn how to use the different settings for each situation.

As I begin to prepare for my trip to Panama City, Quito, The Andes, and The Galapagos I am becoming very excited about bringing my DSLR on a trip for the first time. I'm a little nervous about safety and the potential for blurry pictures, but am willing to take the risk for the once in a lifetime experiences that I'll be having. Who knows maybe my favorite setting will be automatic but I'm determined to put my new skills and knowledge to work.

In a few short weeks a new adventure will be ahead of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment