Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Buckle Your Seatbelt

After our first full group day in Istanbul we took a flight to the region of Cappadocia. It would be awful to say that this flight was the highlight of my trip so far, but it by far was the best laugh I have had in a long time. I've been on a number of flights the past few years with different airlines but as I was drifting to sleep prior to takeoff I heard some squeaky voices and opened my eyes expecting to see an animated safety video. Instead I was surprised to see a bunch of kids around six dressed up as flight attendants, pilots, and older passengers on a plane giving the safety instructions on emergency landing, exit rows etc. It was all in Turkish but after having heard the routine hundreds of times I absolutely died hearing these little kids dressed up reciting it. It concluded with a little boy in the cockpit putting on his aviators and giving a thumbs up. The three of us in my row were laughing so hard we all had tears coming down our faces. We received a lot of looks from Turks on the plane, so I'm guessing our amusement wasn't appreciated and maybe disrespectful. I'm determined to find a YouTube video of it as soon as I get home and will post for all to see. In the meantime if you want to try to find it and have the best laugh you can search for safety video Pegasus Air. 

No comments:

Post a Comment