Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Unknown Nerves

New beginnings and adventures. The first hour after landing in Turkey reminded me of the unknown feeling and nerves that comes with all of life's new experiences. Once landing and exiting the plane I had the joy of waiting in a 45 minute line to get my visa where all around me I heard multiple languages but no English. The family behind me had no custom of personal space and practically gave me flat tires with every step. There were two visa clerks who took constant cookie breaks despite the line of hundreds of people. It reminded me of the importance of patience, something I lack but so vital while traveling. I felt alone as I didn't have anybody to speak to and didn't understand what those around me were saying. Upon exiting customs I found my driver which happened to be two young guys in their mid twenties who stood on either side of me and rushed me out as we dodged cars walking to the parking lot. A large van with dance music blasting pulled up and they quickly whisked me off. As we sped off weaving through traffic, for a moment I wondered where in the world was I going and what did I get myself into. All new experiences begin with nerves because of the unknown, but that is the beauty and challenge in order to get the reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment