Thursday, September 6, 2012

Life of Leisure




After spending the past 6 days on the Mediterranean all I can say is I've gotten a slight glimpse and from here will imagine what the life of the rich and famous must be like. Over the past six days I've been in Antalya, Kas, and Kayakoy. We have had long hikes, taken boat trips, and walked a few blocks all to take a dip in the magnificent sea. The color of the Mediterranean is incredible with the crystal blueish green water that you can see through for miles. The temperature is the opposite from the Pacific Ocean where instead of freezing and running away after putting a toe in the water, it's hard not to jump straight into the warm bathtub water. Aside from the color and temperature one of the best parts about the Mediterranean is that you don't have to work. It's odd to jump into water and not instantly tread water but due to the salt content it's impossible not to just float without moving a limb. If you can't tell already the Mediterranean is extremely relaxing and during our boat trip we anchored in the middle of the sea 5 times and just jumped off the boat to enjoy the water. I'm sure I would get extremely bored sitting on a yacht for a long period of time but a week of my own yacht and anchoring at any time to go a swimming in the Mediterranean might not be all that bad. I guess we'll all just have to keep dreaming of the life of the rich and famous. Until I win the lottery I'll just keep relaxing when I can and enjoy the life of leisure while vacationing.

No comments:

Post a Comment