Thursday, February 28, 2013

A Red Carpet Affair- Panama City

When packing my carry on bag for this two week vacation of 50-100 degree temperatures along with hiking gear I forgot to pack my cocktail dress and stilettos. Upon arriving in Panama we learned that we had been invited by our friends to attend a special party to celebrate the 500th anniversary of Balboa discovery the Pacific Ocean in Panama. The event was organized by the First Lady with many politicians and famous people in attendance including the ex-President Sanchez, who spoke telling the story of Balboa. The evening was remarkable taking place under the full moon in the middle of the ruins of the old and original city of Panama.




Without proper attire this gringo stuck out with my "old lady" travel walking shoes with a skirt and t-shirt. With paparazzi and cameras flashing the entire night I laughed when they asked to take a picture of me. Hopefully the picture doesn't make it in the social magazine asking who is this gringo party crasher.



Once I got past the awkwardness of a red carpet entry, paparazzi everywhere, and my country bumpkin outfit I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of sitting with powerful people to celebrate an important event in their culture. Of course no event would be complete without outstanding wine, food of all sorts and a mini dessert spread fit for a President or two.


What a special and unique event. So thankful for our thoughtful friends to extend an invitation to this exclusive and memorable event.

No comments:

Post a Comment