Thursday, February 14, 2013

Christmas DIY

It is easy to get stuck in the daily routine and not make time to be creative. I've never been an artist as far as painting or drawing but have always found hands on crafts a fun way to use the other side of my brain, relax, and in some cases get some frustration out.

Since I don't do it enough I put a DIY project on my 31 before 31 list. Originally, I planned to make a headboard but instead decided to buy a bed which seemed easier and sturdier. As such over the holidays I got the craft bug and made a quick cork tree one night. The big project which took about a month was my new tree skirt. It looks easy but hours and hours of glueing ribbon and burning my fingers with the hot glue gun I finally completed in 2013. I'm looking forward to Christmas next year so I can display these craft projects.






No comments:

Post a Comment