Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Try Stand Up Paddle Board -#22

I'm not sure I can say that I "learned" to stand up paddle board but I'm going to put "attempt". A few weeks back 20 crazy girls gathered in Santa Barbara to celebrate our friend C and her upcoming marriage. While in Santa Barbara we had a beach day looking out at the blue Pacific Ocean and the Rocky Mountains. For activities we rented a few kayaks and stand up paddle boards to go out on. I attempted but the paddle board ended up winning. The ocean wasn't calm with some waves but I don't think I can blame my lack of luck/talent on that. I seemed to have quite the sea legs that would shake each time I tried to stand and knocked me in the water. I did enjoy knee paddle boarding though...

The one interesting thing I learned from all of this is that when someone says SUP they aren't trying to be cool in 7th grade and saying what's up, but rather it means Stand Up Paddle boarding. There you have it the new lingo the cool kids use.



No comments:

Post a Comment