Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Exploring Vancouver




Today was our first day without an event so we enjoyed the beautiful city of Vancouver and spending time with our Canadian cousins. There are a lot of free events happening in Vancouver. Each Province of Canada and a number of countries have houses representing their location. I have yet to make it to one of these houses because the lines are a couple hours long but plan to make it to a few to try some local beer, food, music, dance, and maybe learn a thing or two about some wonderful places that I have and haven't been to. As you can probably imagine the lines for the German and Irish houses are miles long.

In exploring Vancouver today we walked along the harbor with the snowcapped mountains in the backdrop and were able to see the flame. As I am sure everyone has heard there is the famous fence around the flame so the public can only look through a chain linked fence at the Olympic symbol. We were able to sneak a few pictures but with the trend of the Olympics we would have to wait in line for 3 hours to get a "better" view of the flame from above. I said no thanks there are too many other wonderful things to do and experience in Vancouver.

From my pictures many are probably wondering why I have been to all of the Canadian events and am wearing Canadian gear all the time. I am not a trader... just supporting my Canadian roots; all of this will end tomorrow when we get to cheer on Team USA in Women's hockey. All of the USA gear being Ralph Lauren is too expensive so I'll be rocking my Women's World Cup soccer shirt from years ago with my mini American flag. We'll try to make up for our lack of USA gear cheering loudly with our cowbell. GO USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment