Yes, I have been wearing a lot of Canadian gear but that all ended today... Today I rocked my 1999 US Women's Soccer World Cup T-shirt and started the day waving my little American flag. I ended the day being Patriotic walking home from the bus stop waving my larger American flag that I bought at the game (yes, I bought my first American flag today). It was wonderful for the first time during these games to attend an event where the US was competing as a team with a stadium full of fans. All of the other events I have attended have been one or two USA athletes or a Canadian event so it was fun to feel the energy of the US fans taking over the stadium.
Tonight we have had a relaxing evening watching the amazing Canada vs Switzerland Men's Hockey and adding our own commentating to the Men's figure skating long program. Since we get the luxury of watching all of the events live on numerous Canadian stations and then the events with the NBC station from Detroit and Seattle I already know the results. Since I don't want to be a spoiler I'll just say I highly recommend watching both of the above events as they were very exciting and amusing this evening. I don't have another event until Monday so the next few days will be relaxing and busy with everyone in town and a weekend full of exploring the beauty of Vancouver and all it has to offer.
No comments:
Post a Comment