Sunday, October 18, 2009

Barcelona, Spain

I went to Barcelona without any expectations of what it would be like. I leave blown away by such a clean, diverse, active city. With a beautiful harbor and beach it was impossible not to practice a relaxed stress free life. My first day in Barcelona I had a break through moment. For the first time in over four years I actually felt completely relaxed and stress free.

While in Barcelona I sat by the crashing waves under the sun and climbed up one of the mountains at night battling the strong wind to see the beautiful view of the city lights. I also experienced the view of the vast strech of Barcelona from the top of the La Sagrada Familia, the incomplete cathedral that Gaudi started. The imense detail in the unfinished works ia absolutely amazing. Construction is still continuing to this day and it was exciting to see workers high up working away. Who knows when if ever construction of this imense structure will be complete. I look forward to seeing my grandchildrens pictures some day to see the progress and how La Sagrada Familia has changed.

Barcelona is filled iwth a number of modern buildings by Gaudi and others but they also have a lot of older handsome buildings. The diversity of the landscape, people, and architecture all make Barcelona a beautiful city that is impossible not to like.

No comments:

Post a Comment