I wish I saw this movie before I left on this trip. Ever since I entered France I have been absolutely lost. It is too bad that I lost my voice while I was in a country that I could speak bits of the language. Now I am in France and I no longer have an excuse for pointing at what I want. I have been surprised because in Spain even if you didn't know Spanish everything was in English. Now here I am in a country where all I know is how to say hello and thank you. My first few days here I was ordering whatever was on the menu that I thought I could pronounce. Apparently I can't pronounce anything because people keep laughing at me.
Today I took the bus up to Villefranche (http://www.villefranche-sur-mer.fr/tourism/index.php) which is probably one of the most beautiful places that I have ever been. It is an old fishing town just north of Nice but south of Monaco. It is still used as a fishing town and the buildings are beautifully painted the colors of the rainbow with the crystal clear blue ocean in the foreground. While on the bus on my way up this well dressed lady sat next to me of course with her lovely Yorkshire lap dog. She began just rambling off to me in French. I think after a few minutes with a puzzled look on my face she realized that I didn't speak French. She then spoke to me in English and told me that her dog doesn't like to go to the bathroom in Nice only in Monaco so they take the bus there. This is the life of these people...
Anyways tomorrow I am off to the Loire Valley to check out some castles and then to Paris. Let's hope my French improves... I'll be out of the hostel world for the next week staying at hotels but will try to update the blog as soon as I have internet access.
No comments:
Post a Comment