I have been told a few times on this trip to try not to be soo American. No, I haven´t been that annoying tourist with the camera around my neck and talking loudly. Instead I have been the one walking fast along the streets, eating fast, and moving from place to place. My friends from Brazil keep saying to me to stop being so American and slow down and look around. At home we are all used to the rushed lifestyle of being on strict timelines and just the busy city life. Today I succeeded in being less American. I sat by the beach for about 30 minutes doing nothing but looking out at the waves crashing on the shore and then I sat by the harbor and watched fish swim for another 30 minutes. I still can´t stroll down the street at a snails pace but I am taking the time to relax and enjoy the beauty around me.
In the morning I take the early train to Nice and am looking forward to relaxing and reflecting a bit more on the French Riviera. I´ll write about Barcelona shortly.
Adios Spain.
No comments:
Post a Comment