I´ll admit I have been a horrible blogger... I´ll blog for Barcelona tomorrow on my last day here.
Earlier in the week I was in Madrid and it taught me a great lesson about traveling and life experiences. I was out walking around the city when we ran into a bunch of people dressed up in costumes and saw that parts of the street were closed with flood lights and television crews. After some investigation we found a sign saying that there was going to be a parade for The Americas that evening. We had a drink to pass time and soon enough we were in the middle of a huge party on a main street in Madrid. The parade consisted of a number of groups from many Latin American countries all in their native clothing/festival outfits singing, playing instruments, and dancing down the street. Each one of them were celebrating Columbus finding the new world. It is good to know that all over the world they celebrate Columbus day a lot more than we do in the states.
This experience was great as it taught me that some of the most memorable experiences traveling are the unplanned events that you just happen to stumble upon. Always keep an open mind because you have no idea what might be presented to you.
It was also wonderful to see my college roommate and her mother in Madrid and spend time exploring the city with them and of course catching up!
Cheers to spontaneity! keep being open to random experiences!
ReplyDelete