Friday, October 30, 2009
Loire Valley, France
Last minute I decided to alter my plans and make a stop in the Loire Valley. The trip from Nice to Amboise (my honebase) in the Loire Valley was quite eventful. After a long day of traveling I made it to the charming town of Amboise. It took me an entire 30 minutes to walk the entire tourist town. For those who don't know the Loire Valley is famous for chateaus and wine and I have since learned cheese and pastries. I spent an entire day doing an organized bus tour that took us to many beautiful chateaus with gorgeous gardens. I ended the day visining Leonard Da Vinci's house and gardens where he spent the last few years of his life. One of the highlights of Amboise wasn't the tour but the other two people on my tour that I met. After the tour the couple and I tried some wine at a wine cave tasting room at the bottom of the chateau. We enjoyed the wine so we bought a bottle to drink before we were able to get into dinner. Unfortunately, the wine tasting room didn't have any cups that we could use so we sat on a park bench below the chateau all drinking out of the bottle. I guess that is the beauty of France that it isn't weird to be drinking on the street. After we polished off the bottle I had one of the best meals I have had yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment