There truly is no way to give Paris justice so I am not even going to try. There really is something so magical that everyone is tying to figure out. The first day in Paris was a rainy day but I still have the picture of this older French man strolling along the river by Notre Dame twirling his umbrella and eating an ice cream cone with bits of ice cream on his face. He seemed so jolly and enjoying life without a care in the world. I soon found out that this feeling was contagious.
Paris was filled with visits to many museums. Despite trying to squeeze in every possible tourist event in Paris (which is impossible) I was able to take some time to just relax and think. I spent a good amount of time in parks on benches by tourist sites just watching as people walked by trying to figure out what makes Paris so special.
Is it the beautiful gardens filled with statues? Is it the handsome architecture? Is it the amazing food (I ate lots of crepes and sandwiches) and good wine? The massive museums? The lights twinkling on the river? The wide tree lined boulevard with the leaves changing? Is it the love in the air everywhere you look?
I left Paris with ideas but like everyone else will continue to wonder and think about why this is one of the best cities in the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment