Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

Wow, what an amazing place. As soon as I got off the train and took the 30 minute walk down the hill my breath was taken away by how picturesque this town was. Taking the train in I was on a wone car train filled with locals and we passed a number of train stops without a station and just a few houses in the distance on a lot of beautiful pieces of land.

Cesky Krumlov http://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%8Cesk%C3%BD_Krumlov is located in Southern Czech Republic on the Western side very close to both Germany and Austria. The town is an old medieval town that has been restored in the past ten years creating a quaint village with cobblestone streets, colorful buildings, an enormous castle second in Czech Republic only to Prague Castle, with a river winding around the outside of the town limit. In the summer the town is packed with tourists floating down the river. Cesky Krumlov is what I was looking for in Prague and so far this would be the top four places that I have visited on this trip. It is an extremely relaxing location and I look forward to returning here in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment