Vienna is an elegant city that has a hint of Paris. As I write this I am sitting in the Vienna Opera House listening to the amazing orchestra warm-up. I am sitting on the ground in anticipation for Wagner's Gotterdammerung, a 5 1/2 hour long opera. Vienna has a wonderful way in which cultural activities are such an important part of their life that they make it available for all ages to attend. They sell 3 and 4 euro standing room tickets day of for all shows that take place in the magical opera house. They have a fun tradition where you show-up to get your standing room ticket and then you tie a scarf to your spot so that you can leave and come back when the show starts.
Vienna is an absolutely beautiful city filled with amaying architecture, music always in the air, and a warm friendly environment. At this point in my journey I have been most surprised/pleased by the city of Vienna. I am sad to be leaving this great city but am off to Salzburg to see if the hills are alive with music and maybe catch a little Mozart.
No comments:
Post a Comment