Sunday, November 15, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas everywhere I go... in Europe. Ever since the end of October I have seen Christmas lights on buildings and in town squares. Now the famous Christmas markets filled with sweets and treats, alcoholic punch, sausages, and of course beautifully crafted Christmas decorations are popping up everywhere. It is hard not to get into the Christmas spirit with sparkling lights glistening all around and children bundled up and walking around like penguins. Families from all backgrounds and social levels come out to browse these famous Christmas markets and greet friends. For kids it is the excitement of cotton candy, balloons, trains, and riding ponys. For adults the pastries and punch are delicious!

I don't think I have ever gotten ready for Christmas this early and in some sense it kills me that it isn't even December yet. However, I have to admit with the environment around me it is tough not to be like a little kid and get excited for the Christmas spirit. How many more days?

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! Everything here is too commercialized and it just doesn't feel the same. Of course the 72 degree weather doesn't help either. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I m enjoying reading about the odyssey. Are your parents worried? I guess you ll see them soon. Cant wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete